There are some interesting excursions you can go in Kastri, Melidoni and the outskirts. The distances and routes are shown on the map. We suggest some of these:
- Melidodi Cave, a historical and geophysical site
- Panormo. A cosmopolitan seaside village with neoclassical buildings and the air of nobility.
- Bali. A picturesque fishing village built by the sea.
- Margarites. A beautiful village, famous for its ceramics.
- Ancient Eleftherna. One of the most important local archeological sites.
- Sfedoni Cave, in Zoniana. A beautiful, well preserved cave.
- Anogia. One of the most beautiful and important mountain villages, with tradition in weaving, healthy Cretan products and … fresh air.
- Nida. The cave in which Zeus was born, according to Greek mythology.
- Moni Arkadiou. A historic monastery.
You can also attend many cultural events and evenings of traditional Cretan music. For those who enjoy mountain hiking and trekking, the area is ideal. There is a wide range of valleys, springs and Orthodox chapels to discover.